Whilst studying this morning I felt I needed a break. I really am enjoying this course as I have developed a passion for baking. Baking today gave me an excuse for having a break. I had didn’t have a lot of baking ingredients today as making the cheesecake seemed to take a lot of it – especially my butter! I did however have a can of fruit salad in my pantry, so decided to make the almighty muffin, quick easy and doesn’t take a lot of ingredients. As I went to begin baking I found a variety of dishes in my kitchen which frustrated me as my newest flatmate does not believe in doing his dishes straight after he has cooked! (I think every female can sympathise with me here). So my baking day began with cleaning. I always find whenever I bake I need a clean and organised environment to do my best work.
Compared to the cheesecake this recipe was a piece of cake requiring only 4 steps within the method. I did however adjust the recipe slightly and used a bit of cinnamon to complement the sweet fruit.
Whilst waiting for the muffins to cook I managed to clean the microwave, do my dishes and sweep the kitchen floor. These muffins taste amazing and are definitely achievable on a student budget. I then sat down with a yummy muffin and a cup of coffee to continue my study. On a cold day, or any day as a matter of fact these muffins make study a lot more pleasant.
Hi Kelsey, I can identify with doing things while you wait for the baking to cook. Baking seems to be an activity that affords you to do something else during the actual oven baking bit. I'm like you, I clean in the kitchen while I'm waiting, particularly near the end so I can watch it doesn't burn. It's interesting that you don't sit down and relax while the baking is in the oven, perhaps it's because you are in the flow of working in the kitchen and want to carry on with it. Happy eating! Hannah
ReplyDeleteOne suggestion for improvement is perhaps to analyse in more depth why baking affords you to do other things and some of the limitations around those affordances, for example you can't go too far from the kitchen etc. I saw you've already commented on these things on Judith's blog!
ReplyDelete